- coordinating a tutoring program (utilizing volunteer tutors) for K-8 students
- writing personalized learning plans that outline student goals for students enrolled in the program
- working one-on-one or in small groups with students to support learning goals
- collaborating with teachers, and/or parents to ensure the appropriate learning goals are set with students
- supporting parents as they engage in the school community & increase their tools to advocate for their child’s education
The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience and a background in education or social work, or a similar field. They would exhibit flexibility, proactive thinking, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to meeting students and families right where they are.
Together WE Can Break the Cycle
Brightlane Learning values a diverse and inclusive culture that represents the students, families, and community that we serve. We are committed to providing an environment that encourages, supports, empowers, and celebrates the diverse voices of our students, families, volunteers, and staff. By embracing different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds we will continue to cultivate future leaders through education and break the cycle of homelessness in our community.
Inclusion and Collaboration
We believe to break the cycle of homelessness through education, we must create an environment where all people, from all walks of life, are valued and included. When recruiting staff, volunteers, and community partners we welcome and encourage the unique perspectives, life experiences, innovation, and individual differences that shape us through our education, opinions, cultures, age, race, ethnicity, languages, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, disability, religion, veteran status, and beliefs. By embracing and valuing the unique qualities of all people, Brightlane Learning delivers programs and builds networks that contribute to ending homelessness through education.