Position: Education Support Coordinator (High School Based)
Salary range: From $17 an hour
Part-Time, Indianapolis, IN
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the Brightlane Learning programming in assigned high school site(s). This includes building the best tutoring plan for each student, managing any tutors, and working with families to achieve educational goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Brightlane Learning volunteer tutors engaged at school site. This includes providing on-site tutor orientation, communicating changes in schedules, and promoting Brightlane Learning events and initiatives.
- Establish and maintain communication with parents, teachers, and school staff in support of academic achievement. This includes new student enrollment, changes in programming schedule, changes in policies/procedures, and other important information.
- Monitor the effectiveness of programming (including distribution of surveys when required) and make adaptations when necessary to meet individual student’s needs or the needs of the school site.
- Ensure programming runs smoothly and follows the established Brightlane Learning policies, rules and procedures. This includes providing daily support to volunteer tutors, keeping tutoring area organized and conducive to successful tutoring, and maintaining adequate tutor to student ratios.
- Provide daily support to volunteer tutors by arriving early to sites to communicate with and answer questions of our tutors, by regularly updating the Personal Learning Plan for each student, by providing support for homework when needed, and by encouraging the use of provided supplemental curriculum activities that are appropriate for each student during tutoring.
- Ensure all data (intake forms, volunteer tutor and student attendance, parent meetings, positive messages, etc.) is accurately entered into the appropriate database on a weekly basis.
- Complete a detailed weekly report.
- Attend required meetings and events as scheduled (for Brightlane Learning and assigned school site).
- Attend required meetings and events as scheduled.
- Represent Brightlane Learning in a professional manner at all times, providing courteous service to both internal and external constituents, and presenting a positive image of Brightlane Learning.
- Establish and promote positive communication among all team members of Brightlane Learning to increase collaboration and reduce inefficiencies.
- Abide by Brightlane Learning policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be available to work up to 20 hours per week.
- Must be available for training, meetings, and events presented on the calendar at the beginning of the year.
- Daytime and/or after-school availability required during school site hours.
Evaluation of Performance
Performance will be evaluated based on meeting the requirements of the job description; meeting performance metrics and other quality indicators established for this position; working effectively in a team environment; and demonstrating the values of Brightlane Learning.
Experience, education, degrees, and licenses
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience in education, human services, or social work.
- Experience working with middle or high school students preferred.
- Experience working with low-income or homeless families preferred.
- Participation in continuing education programs as requested.
Together WE Can Break the Cycle
Brightlane Learning values a diverse and inclusive culture that represents the students, families, and community that we serve. We are committed to providing an environment that encourages, supports, empowers, and celebrates the diverse voices of our students, families, volunteers, and staff. By embracing different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds we will continue to cultivate future leaders through education and break the cycle of homelessness in our community.
Inclusion and Collaboration
We believe to break the cycle of homelessness through education, we must create an environment where all people, from all walks of life, are valued and included. When recruiting staff, volunteers,and community partners we welcome and encourage the unique perspectives, life experiences, innovation, and individual differences that shape us through our education, opinions, cultures, age, race, ethnicity, languages, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, disability, religion, veteran status, and beliefs. By embracing and valuing the unique qualities of all people, Brightlane Learning delivers programs and builds networks that contribute to endinghomelessness through education.